It's another PMC Weekly Fest! For Week 17, we need to create a post with a picture of our favorite dessert. Then include the ingredients and the cooking or preparation procedure. The entry that has the most creative way of putting the ingredients will win.
Praning's Shoutout, Ivory Tasks, I Play Mom
Pretty easy only that I am not creative. Here is my favorite dessert.
○ 5 cups milk
○ 1 cup sugar
○ 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
○ 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
○ 8 egg yolks
○ 1/4 cup finely ground and toasted cashew nuts
○ 10 egg whites
○ 1 cup sugar
○ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
○ In a saucepan, simmer milk over low heat until reduced to 2 cups. Add sugar, butter, and vanilla extract, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
○ Beat egg yolks in mixing bowl. Add a little of the milk to the egg yolks, stir, then gradually add mixture by spoonfuls back into the saucepan, beating constantly. Stir well to avoid curdling.
○ Add cashew nuts and continue cooking entire mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture has the consistency of a paste. Set aside.
○ Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating continuously. Stir in vanilla.
○ Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper greased with butter and spread meringue on top. Bake until brown.
○ Spread filling evenly on top of meringue and roll into a log.
○ Brush with butter and brown again in oven.