Oct 14, 2008

Magic of Banana

My mother has a problem with low potassium in her body. She found that out when she was once admitted to the hospital because suddenly, she was not able to stand on her feet. She always complains that her legs are weary eversince she was a kid. I felt that weariness in my own legs too which I think I got from her.

The doctor told her that she needs to eat foods that are high in potassium. The most common one is Banana. Yes, banana has lots of vitamins that sometimes we just take for granted. My mother doesn't like eating the fruit. I like some kind of banana but not all. Here in the US, I observed that they only have once kind of banana which is the Cavendish and I don't like it. But I know I don't have a choice.

But there are more health benefits that we can get from banana because it consist mainly of sugars (glucose, fructose and sucrose) and fiber, which makes them ideal for an immediate and slightly prolonged source of energy. The following are some health problems that can be cured by banana:
○Reducing Depression
○Anemia
○Constipation and Diarrhea
○Blood Pressure
○Heartburn
○Morning Sickness
○Ulcers
○Mosquito Bites

And these are the benefits you get if you always eat banana:
○Stress Relief
○Eyesight Protection
○Healthy Bones
○Stroke Risk
○Nerves
○Healthy Kidney

So, never should take banana for granted because it can save your life, whether you like or not but you need to like it. *grin*



Digg!

Beauty of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment