May 3, 2008

Pinoy Contractor

Got this email from my Bestfriend again which tells about the corruption in the Philippines in a straight and funny way.


Subject: PINOY CONTRACTOR

Three contractors are bidding to fix the White House fence.

One from the Philippines , another from Mexico and an American.

They go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The American contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

'Well,' he says. 'I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Mexican contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, 'I can do $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Filipino contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers: '$2,700.'

The official, incredulous, says, “What?! You didn't even measure like the other guys!
How did you come up with such a high figure?
How do you expect me to consider your service with that bid?”

'Easy,' the Pinoy explains, '$1,000 for you, $1,000 for me and we hire the guy from Mexico '.

The next day, the Pinoy and the Mexican are working on the Fence.
- - -0- - -
Q. What's the differance between corruption in the US and corruption in the Philippines ?

A. In the US they go to jail.. In the Philippines, they go to the US

No comments:

Post a Comment