Mar 10, 2016

YOLO: You Only Love Oreos

Good morning, Austin!

It's wet and gloomy, I know. To be honest, I don't remember the last time I enjoyed this kind of weather since I had to wake up early in the morning to go to work like most people do. And all the time I was at work, all I could think of is, "I wish I am home right now under the covers. This is the perfect weather for it."

Well, I am no longer employed. So, I am home, but not under the covers. I still got up as early as 5am, by choice, because I am excited to start my day and think of ways I could improve myself with my new endeavor. But just not having to drive on the wet road makes a whole lot of difference. Plus the thought knowing that I am living my life with a purpose.

I love this present weather, I kid you not. Actually, I am enjoying the 'present' better, now that I know that I am closer to a better 'future'.



I used to be just all about the present situation. I even remember one argument I had with my husband because he was mad at me because I never think about the future. All I think about how to be happy NOW and deal with tomorrow when it comes. That was 3-4 years ago. I've gotten better since then.

A lot of people are like the "old me", #YOLO (You Only Love Oreos?! :-D Nah...the other one.) They say (or I used to say), "why plan for the future when you don't even know what the future is? I may die tomorrow and I won't get to enjoy my hard-earned money then or I won't experience this and that or try this and that, and so on and so forth. So might as well enjoy it what I am still alive."

Then, I realized how selfish I sounded. I realized that when I died yesterday, who will pay for my burial? Who will pay my outstanding debt? What's gonna happen to our dream home that we worked hard to get? Who will help my husband take care of my son? Who will make sure that my son can afford an education he deserves? Who will help my family fulfill their dreams? Is one happy day really worth a lifetime of sorrow for my family?

That realization changed me. And that change gave me peace of mind.

And to answer the question, "why plan for the future when you don't even know what the future is?", WHY NOT?! Unless you have the power to freeze time and keep it at this very second. But you can't. Nobody can. Life is not a movie or a recorded show where you can just freeze it anytime you please. Life keeps going. Right now was the future of earlier. If I didn't plan to wake up today, I would still be sleeping right now and not have anything done. We always plan for the future because whether we like it or not, that is where we are headed to.

Luck doesn't just happen to those who wait and sit. They did something and why they did it? Because they're thinking of what they want in the future. People don't just wait, sit, and expect to win the lottery. They go out and buy the lottery ticket. Because they wanted to win. The plan is to win and they are thinking of what's gonna happen if they do. We only have a teeny bitty chance of winning the lottery though, or not at all. But we all have the chance to get up, think of our goal, set out a plan, and work on achieving it.

Everyday, every hour, every minute is a chance for us to have a better future. Don't waste it by just thinking about it, worrying, and procrastinating. Use it wisely because we will never be able to take back the time we wasted, but we can make the rest count.

May you all have a productive Thursday ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment