Mar 11, 2016

Blogging For Eight Years

I am in the process of updating my blog again because now that I am a work-at-home Mom again (for the most part), I have more time to write a post regularly. When I say I am updating, it doesn't only mean putting up a new post, but I am overhauling my entire blog - changing the design, logo, name (maybe), and cleaning up some old posts.

Browsing through my old posts will probably take me the longest because, I just realized, I've had close to 600 posts with 8 years of blogging (not counting the drafts that I haven't published yet). There was a hiatus but I still revisit and check with my visitors from here and there.


I can't believe it's been eight years since I decided to brave through the world wide web with my opinions, open my life, share my ideas, and actually earned from it at some point.
Blogging was once my source of income when I first came here in the US. I thought I could survive being a WAHM and earn income with it, but one, it was my hardest job being at home the whole time with my toddler, and two, I wanted to earn more. So, I decided to learn how to drive and started looking for an employment, thinking it's what's better for us, financially, to start building our dreams, and save money for retirement.

Seven years later, I realized I was wrong.

I left my job and back to being a WAHM, only with a better source of income than my blogging before. It's not a full-time WAHM. I don't need to be. I have to be out for my sanity's sake. But I now have more time with my family, especially with my I-Don't-Understand-How-Fast-He-Is-GROWING son.

I remember when I first told him that I am leaving my job and I will be home a lot now, his reaction was, "FINALLY!!! You can go to my field trips, go to our school more often (becoming a volunteer is something I've always wished I can do), and attend more activities with me". That was priceless! And just realizing how much chances to be with him that I didn't take because I had no time due to work, I know I've made the right decision.

.....to be continued

Check out my Financial Literacy Campaign page to learn more about my new venture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment