May 13, 2009

I'll have my first job in the US soon

I'm so excited 'cos finally, after a long wait, I'd be able to get my first job here in US. You may be wondering why a long wait.

To give you an idea, I came here in US, almost a year ago with a K1 non-immigrant visa together with my son as K2. Our visa is as good as the tourist visa, it's illegal to get a job here, only that we have the advantage to adjust status as permanent resident aka greencard holder. But it took us a while to adjust status due to financial problems.

Finally, last March, we were able to apply for our adjustment of status, together with the employment authorization document, just in case it will take awhile for us to receive our greencards. Then, just today, I received an email from USCIS saying that our employment authorization got approved and they already sent us the approval notice letter.

Now, I'm starting to look for a job (Yay!!). I'm so excited cos before I left my home country, Philippines, I didn't have a job and I wasn't used to it cos I had been working since I finished school. But I'm gonna get a part-time job as a start cos it's hard to leave my son now that he is so used of having me around. I know it'd hard but I think it'd be easier if we'll gonna do it one step at a time.

Anyway, thinking about getting a job made me think about starting a better life, and of course, vacations can't miss my thoughts. Actually, I'm already thinking about Vegas vacations for next year. Boy, am I too excited?

Beauty of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment