Aug 20, 2008

War in Mindanao

Everyday, me and my Mom are chatting on Yahoo Messenger, keeping each other updated with what's going on around us. We are not used being separated from each for a long time, so it was not easy for us to be this far from each other (US---Philippines).

Before I left them, I told them to tell me every single thing happening around them, whether bad or good coz I always wanted to know the truth. But this past few days, my Mom was telling me about the on going war in Mindanao, specifically in Iligan and Lanao.

Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) had just declared an all-out war yesterday. Prior to that, they had already killed lots of people in the said cities in the Philippines and had some as their hostages.

It was said that it all started when MILF asked to have some cities in Mindanao as their territory from Arroyo, the Philippine president. But no senators and the majority of the government want that. So, that caused the MILF for a rebellion again.

It just so sad that my family is there while a war is going on. Iligan is just 2 hours away from Cagayan de Oro City, where my parents and my brother are residing right now. But we also have faith in God, that He always keep them safe.

Please help us pray for our families left in the Philippines. I hope that the war would stop now.

_____________
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment