Apr 6, 2008

Applying in Link2Support

Link2Support, Inc. is the company that I am currently working at right now. It is a call center company that provides technical support for some networking products in most part of the world. I have been in this company for 2 years already and I have so much to thank about being part of Link2support.

Since I graduated from college, I have always wanted to work in a call center for two reasons: it is a trend and it has higher salary compared to most jobs. Being hired in Link2Support was a miracle for me. Why? Because eversince I tried to apply there, I never thought that I would be accepted for some reasons. To be specific, let me tell you my story:

First is the reason why I applied to Link2Support is because my boyfriend at that time, which is January of 2006, went to Cagayan de Oro City. And during that time, Link2Support had only two branches, Cagayan de Oro and Manila, which is the main branch. Cagayan branch was the nearest call center so far in Davao so I was interested. I submitted my resume right after I got the contact information. But I was not accepted immediately, in fact, no one from Link2Support had contacted me yet. Until some tragedy happened and I decided that I needed to go someplace where I am far from everyone I knew, including my family. That was then I went to Cagayan de Oro on February 14, 2006 and lived in a boarding house while my boyfriend lives with his aunt. I have been job hunting until by 1st week of March on the same year, I got a call from Link2Support for phone interview and immediately went to their office to take the exam. By that time, I had not even a single idea about the Technical part of the exam. I'm glad I know some english and I think that was the reason why I passed the exam. After the exam, on the same day, we had our final interview, and what's scary about it is it is panel interview. There were 3 interviewers from different office of the company. During the interview, I believe I didn't show nervousness and I believe that was the reason I passed it again. The reason why I think I can't get through the final interview is because I had the worst answer I ever heard in my entire life which came from my own mouth. That was such a shame but I'm glad they liked it.


So that was my story. I wish I could tell what the question and answer part that but I don't want to post long entries. So, til next entry here. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. wow! ayos ah. nag apply din ako dati sa call center, kaso di ako pinalad. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete